Sunday, April 21, 2013

So..what's for eats?

So I went to Cafe Rio in Las Vegas yesterday. The food was fresh as usual and there were a lot of items on the menu. My husband had the enchilada, which to me was pretty sub-par flavor-wise. Usually I have the shredded beef taco which is usually pretty good. However, I decided to try the shrimp taco. I wasn't too impressed with the flavor. The shrimp were pretty bland and the taco was a total snooze..even with all of the extra salsa and sauce I put on it.

I don`t like the fact that the food is not consistent. Sometimes the flavors are out-of-this-world; other times not so much. There are however some cool aspects of this place, like freshly made delicious tortillas and over a hundred drink combinations. The staff is great too.My husband and I were remarking about how we wanted to try one of the desserts one day and the cashier actually brought samples to our table for us. We tried Tres Leches (Three Milks). It was great and we ended up buying it. Overall the place is cool. It has a funky Mexican decor and prices aren' t too bad. We usually end up spending about $20 for two people with drinks. If you are feeling a bit adventurous it is worth a try!

My Rating: 3/5

Address:    4830 Blue Diamond Rd
                 Las Vegas, NV 

No comments:

Post a Comment